The following behavior has been observed:
Confirmed the following worked as shown in the bullet points:
- Tested publishing by creating a new content item. Verified that it did not get stuck in publishing pending for more than five minutes. Otherwise, this is a problem with publishing.
- Confirmation emails work fine
- Forgot password emails work fine
- SMTP virtual directory in IIS Manager in good status, and telnet email test works fine
When sending any emails campaign with iMIS communication suite (communication templates), there are no errors observed, and it appears the email campaign has been sent successfully. However, the communication logs (Staff Site > Marketing > Communication Log) does not show the sent email. Similarly, the emails are not received.
In order to resolve this concern, validate the following:
Ensure that publishing is working. If uncertain, please publish a test content record, and verify that it publishes successfully.
- If publishing is working fine, t is important to validate there are no orphan records in the following tables:
Query the following tables:
select * from TaskQueue
select * from TaskQueueAdvancedEmailSendDetail
select * from TaskQueueAdvancedEmailEventDetail
select * from TaskQueueTriggerDetail
If any of the above returns rows of records, clear them all out:
NOTE: The only caveat is that you will need to resend any emails attempted before. Use best practice of having a backing up your database prior making changes.
- After the above have been completed, restarting the scheduler app Pool should resolve it for iMIS 2017 versions. For iMIS 20.3, perform soft recycle on the iMisService app pool for (20.3)
At this point test communication suite emails again, and they should start working again.
Typical cause of this behavior seems to be due to orphan objects in some of the tables aforementioned that are usually clear out automatically; nonetheless, these orphan objects could have gotten stuck in the queues, specially if there was a problem with publishing.